The Netatalk development team is proud to announce the latest release of the Netatalk 3.1 release series. Users are encourage to update their servers to the 3.1 release series which can be consideren stable enough for production systems.
Netatalk is a freely-available Open Source AFP fileserver. A *NIX/*BSD system running Netatalk is capable of serving many Macintosh clients simultaneously as an AppleShare file server (AFP).
The suite contains:
- netatalk – the main server service controller
- afpd – the AFP file server daemin
- cnid_metad – the CNID database multiplexing daemon
- cnid_dbd – the CNID database daemon serving CNIDs for AFP volumes
- various supporting programs and utilities
Summary of major new features and enhancements in 3.1
- AFP Spotlight Support with Gnome Tracker: https://projects.gnome.org/tracker/
Please refer to the online manual for details about compiling Netatalk with Spotlight support and how to configure:
Please make sure to read the upgrading section in the Netatalk online manual before trying to upgrade your system from version 2:
Netatalk is a Free/Open Source Software project and is released under the GNU General Public License (GPLv2). The full license text is available at:
Changes in 3.1.5
- FIX: Spotlight: several important fixes