This article is outdated, please refer to the updated article.
Looking for a NAS device with good AFP support for your Macs? We’ve filed a list by vendor showing the Netatalk version the vendor is using in his latest offering and firmware. The list is periodically updated, if you know are aware of any version changes or errors, please report them to us.
- ReadyNAS: using Netatalk 2.1.x, funding Netatalk development, working with us on support issues
- QNAP: using Netatalk 2.1.x, no involvement with NetAFP or the Netatalk community
- LACIE: using Netatalk 2.0.3, go figure
- Buffalo: using Netatalk 2.0.3, go figure
- Synology: using a fork of Netatalk 2.0.1, go figure
If you want to run any serious business on the boxes, be sure to check your vendor has in fact any decent infrastrucutre in place to support you in case of problems with AFP/Netatalk.